UPDATE
Contact Dean Pierce if you are interested in having lunch with Prof. Levinson after he gives his Pound Lecture. Sandy is one of the most interesting people I have ever met. He has a new idea every minute! I think you will enjoy this opportunity.
Greetings from sunny but chilly Jascksonville Beach.
Contact Dean Pierce if you are interested in having lunch with Prof. Levinson after he gives his Pound Lecture. Sandy is one of the most interesting people I have ever met. He has a new idea every minute! I think you will enjoy this opportunity.
Greetings from sunny but chilly Jascksonville Beach.
I just wanted to emphasize the announcement that went out today from the Dean's Office:
As you plan your week, please plan to join us on Thursday at noon in Hamann Auditorium for the Pound Lecture, "Is Government by ‘Reflection and Choice’ a One-Time Experience?" by Professor Sanford Levinson. In his lecture, Levinson will discuss Alexander Hamilton's emphasis in Federalist #1 on the opportunity of Americans to engage in unfettered “reflection and choice” about the system of government they wish to live under. An obvious question is what meaning his argument has for us in 2013, as distinguished from the audience to which he was writing in “real time.” Do we today wish to engage in genuine “reflection and choice” about our governmental institutions? In answering this question, it is interesting to compare the United States and American state constitutions (very much including Nebraska’s) with regard to the opportunity and actuality of such “reflection and choice.”We are very fortunate to have someone of Professor Levinson's stature join us. Please help us make him feel welcome by attending his lecture this Thursday.
Sandy is a friend of mine and a very interesting and provocative constitutional law scholar. You owe it to yourselves to attend this Lecture.