This is the web log for Professor Duncan's Property Class at Nebraska Law. Rugged individualism and liberty are inseparable: “There can be no liberty unless there is economic liberty.” — Margaret Thatcher "We didn't love freedom enough. We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward." -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn "This is America, we don't share land here." John Dutton Yellowstone
Saturday, April 06, 2019
A Word About Easements and Licenses
Hayes Carll "Bad Liver and a Broken Heart" Live in Chicago May 2019
I am aware that we went through this material fairly quickly.
My goal was not to go into great depth about the details of all the rules and doctrines, but rather to expose you to the basic types of easements and the legal vocabulary. I also wanted to use the cases to show you how easement issues can arise because of inattention and sloppiness when land deals are put together.
I think we accomplished those goals, and the Hornbook ought to provide some extra coverage of the basic rules and doctrines.
On to a discussion of covenants running with the land, a subject I approach from the perspective of liberty.
