Sunday, December 09, 2018

Property Review Videos

Prof. Dale Whitman, one of the great Property scholars, has released a series of review videos on 1L Property topics. I have not had a chance to watch these, so I can't personally vouch for them. But Prof. Whitman is top-notch. Here is his description of them:


The videos are mostly 15 to 20 minutes in length, and are in the form of narrated slide shows. They might be helpful to law students in reviewing a topic immediately after it is covered in class, or in preparation for an exam. Below is an index of all of the videos posted so far.
  1. Adverse possession – introduction
  2. Adverse possession – elements
  3. Adverse possession – conditions that inhibit or prevent AP from arising
  4. Adverse possession – tacking, constructive AP, and AP of personal property
  5. Interests in land
  6. Fee simple absolute and defeasible
  7. Fee tail and life estate
  8. Introduction to future interests
  9. Remainders and executory interests
  10. Class gifts
  11. Executory interests
  12. The Rule against Perpetuities
  13. Review of estates and future interests
  14. Restraints on alienation
  15. Waste
I hope you will find the videos useful, and if you feel so inclined, will recommend them to your students. Please feel free to check out one or more of them in order to evaluate their quality.
I’ve used the title “ProfDale’s Property Videos” to describe all of the videos, and you can easily find them all by searching on YouTube for “ProfDale”. (It’s not case-sensitive.) Here’s a link to one to get you started:
And here’s a link to a playlist that contains all of the videos:
I’ll keep adding to that playlist as I produce additional videos.

I post them for your consideration. If they help you, great. If not, move on. I am not assigning them.