Saturday, April 26, 2025

RLUIPA & Nebraska L-T Act

 Alex passed this information on to me:

 A Property student asked for confirmation on if you had told the class that for Nebraska landlord tenant and RLUIPA exam questions, you would provide the relevant provisions on the exam.  I don't recall you stating this, but I just wanted to confirm with you.

And here is my answer to Alex:

No. I said if I thought they needed the text of RLUIPA [to answer a complex question], I would provide it. Nothing about landlord-tenant act. They should have basic knowledge of both statutes.

In other words, I expect you to have a reasonable understanding of the basic substance of both RLUIPA & the Nebraska Residential Landlord-Tenant Act. Basically, know the provisions we discussed and analyzed. If I were to ask a complex issue of statutory construction, I would quote the relevant statutory provisions. But I expect you to know the basic doctrines and definitions that we discussed in class.

Basically, assume I have reasonable expectations about your knowledge of the materials we covered. I am a reasonable test writer (not unreasonably reasonable, just ordinarily reasonable), and my expectations of your knowledge are reasonable.


See you Monday at 5 PM.