How I Spent the Winter Break
I am still making a few changes on the syllabus, but here is what our first few classes will be:
1. Wednesday January 19 (Exam Review-- I will walk you through the exam). You will get a package from the Dean's Office which will include your score on the exam and your personal answer sheet. Make sure you bring the answer sheet with you to class so you can see which questions you answered correctly and which incorrectly.
2. Thursday January 20: Originalism vs The Living Constitution: Strauss article (link);Sollum Article (link); Duncan Video (from Con Law class): https://use.vg/pWJhoE
3. Friday January 21: Second Amendment cases (the right to possess, keep, and bear a particular type of property): Heller and McDonald ; Duncan Video: https://use.vg/C6knim
4. Wednesday January 26: New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Inc. v. Bruen: Oral Argument I would like each of you to identify one or two passages from the oral argument (cited to the relevant page on the oral argument transcript) that you believe are particularly interesting. I will ask many of you to share your passage with the class for discussion.
Bruen is currently on the docket of SCOTUS, and a decision on the right to carry will be handed down this year (probably in late June or early July). So, our second semester of Property literally takes us right up to the present moment, and the anticipation of a landmark decision to be handed down later this year.
See you soon!